Vision, Mission, Core Values & The Logo
The following are the vision, mission and core values of IIM Ranchi.
– To be among the top 10 b-schools in the Asian region by 2020 (we are already ranked the 4th best in the Eastern Region – HT & The Week and among the top 5 emerging b-schools in India – India Today)
– To attain thought leadership Through Erudite Fusion of Eastern Wisdom with the Western processes for Knowledge creation
– To strive for Holistic development of individual, institutions and the society at large
– To strive for harmonious co-existence with the society and the environment.
– Humility, Honesty and Hard work for individual and corporate success.
Our logo has been designed to reflect the mission and core values described above.
The bird in the logo is a crow. We did not choose an Eagle that is arrogant, a peacock that is proud or a Seagull that is foreign to us. We chose the crow because it has several positive traits that the Institute stands for. Crow is an epitome of community living and sharing and caring of each other which are the ethos of IIM Ranchi. It is an aerial scavenger that cleans up the earth by eating carcasses. Crows in many cultures are the keepers of knowledge as nothing escapes their keen eye-sight. Crows are very adaptable and can live in different climatic conditions. The bird has been created in a manner that it looks like a forward arrow, taking everybody (The three green strokes symbolize the community), along together for the flight. The Sanskrit verses symbolize the Institute’s vision as working to bring change towards success, not only for one’s self, but also for the community