Fellow Programme in Management
The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is the doctoral programme of IIM Ranchi. This programme has the objective of developing outstanding scholars for teaching or research careers at business schools/universities or management research institutions or careers in Government, industry, NGOs or for that matter any organizationthat requires advanced analytical and research capabilities.To accomplish this, the FPM will seek to admit students who have a strong academic background, are highly motivated and who have the intellectual curiosity to undertake original research and provide them with knowledge and research skills that can make them specialized researchers with sufficient depth of knowledge in the various existing and emerging management knowledge domains.
Students generally take four years, including two years of rigorous course work, to complete their doctorate. The first year of the course work is common with IIMR’s Post Graduate Programme and is aimed at providing a participant with a broad understanding of the field of management. The Second Year of the coursework is to ensure that candidates have deep understanding of their knowledge domain and a developed ability to do rigorous research in their chosen area of specialization. The Area Comprehensive Examination at the end of the second year is designed to assess whether the candidate has acquired requisite level of proficiency in his/her area of specialization. In the subsequent years, the candidate works on the doctoral dissertation which is expected to be an original contribution in the area of management.
Students admitted to the programme receive comprehensive financial support that covers all academic and living costs. The Institute has excellent library, computing and faculty resources. Provision is also there for some of the candidates to work under the guidance of reputed international faculty.
Students can apply to the following areas of specialization (called knowledge domains) :
- Business Economics
- OB &HRM
- Information Systems
- OM & Decision Sciences
- Strategic Management
- Public Policy & Governance
- Neuro Management
- Business Analytics
- Indian Management
A candidate for the FPM at IIM Ranchi should have:
- A master’s degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point average recognized by AICTE /AIU with a Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point average after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2). Candidates who have MA/M.Sc./M. Phil in Statistics, Psychology, Neuro Psychology, Sociology, Linguistics can also applyOR
- Five year integrated Masters Degree Programme in any discipline with at least 60% marks, obtained after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent OR
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point average OR
- 4 years / 8 semester bachelor’s degree (B.E./B.Tech./B. Arch. etc.) with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point average. Those appearing for their final examinations in the respective disciplines can also apply.
All candidates applying to the FPM except Alumni of the Post Graduate Programs(PGP) from all IIMs are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) or a standard test in lieu of CAT such as GMAT/GATE. For NRIs and Foreign students this standard test is the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
Candidates will be short listed and called for an interview during February-May 2013 for final selection on the basis of their performance in CAT or the standard test in lieu of CAT, academic background, and experience.
PGPs from IIMs and other select institutes shall be considered for direct admission into the second year of the FPMbased on their academic performance during their PGDM. This waiver maybe full waiver of the first year courses or partial waiver of the courses as the FPM Committee deems fit. The decision of the FPM Committee shall be final in this regard.
Facilities, Fellowship and Expenses
IIM Ranchi (IIMR) has excellent facilities in library, computing and faculty resources.
IIMR provides a comprehensive fellowship that covers all living and academic expenses.Participants in the fellow programme will be provided with:
- Financial Support for 4 years. Support for an additional 6 months may be made in exceptional cases. However, the duration of the financial support will be reduced by one year in case of candidates admitted directly into the Second Yearof the Programme.
- Tuition Waiver
- Rent free accommodation for both bachelor and married students on campus
- Subsistence allowance of Rs 30000 per month for the first two years.
- After Qualifying the Comprehensive examinations at the end of the second year, the monthly stipend will be raised to Rs. 35000 per month for the remaining period.
- Contingency allowance of Rs. 25000/- per annum for 4 years for the purchase of books, stationary etc.
- Rs. 50000/- in the first year for the purchase of computer and software and other peripherals.
- Financial Support for presenting papers in 4 Domestic and 1 International Conference during the entire tenure of the Fellow Programme.
- Compulsory work for 1 term as TA/RA
The FPM participants have to pay for all consumables which includes stationery, utility charges in hostels, boarding charges etc.
Please download PDF version of the Application Form and mail the same along with DD in favor of IIM Ranchi to below mentioned address.Applicants in the general category have to pay Rs. 1000/- while SC/ST applicants have to pay Rs. 500/-. The last date for receiving the completed application form is 15th February, 2013.
Ms. Shovona Samanta
Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
Suchana Bhawan, Audrey House Campus
Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834008, JHARKHAND
Phone: +91 651 2280083/2280113/2285056
Fax: +91 651 2280940