Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) -2014
The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is the doctoral programme of IIM Ranchi. This programme has the objective of developing outstanding scholars for teaching or research careers at business schools/universities or management research institutions or careers in Government, industry, NGOs or for that matter any organization that requires advanced analytical and research capabilities. To accomplish this, the FPM will seek to admit students who have a strong academic background, are highly motivated and who have the intellectual curiosity to undertake original research and provide them with knowledge and research skills that can make them specialized researchers with sufficient depth of knowledge in the various existing and emerging management knowledge domains.
FPM of IIM Ranchi is a 4-academic year programme, which includes first two years of rigorous course work, followed by two additional years for completing the research work with dissertation. The first year of the course work is common with IIM Ranchi’s Post Graduate Programme and is aimed at providing a participant with a broad understanding of the field of management. The Second Year of the coursework is to ensure that candidates develop deep understanding in their knowledge domain and ability to do rigorous research in their chosen area of specialization. The Area Comprehensive Examination at the end of the second year is designed to assess whether the candidate has acquired requisite level of proficiency in his/her area of specialization. In the subsequent years, the candidate works on the doctoral dissertation which is expected to be an original contribution in the area of management.
Students admitted to the programme receive comprehensive financial support that covers all academic and living costs. The Institute has excellent library, computing and faculty resources.
Students can apply to the following areas of specialization :
- Finance & Accounting
- General Management including Neuromanagement
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems & Business Analytics
- Operations Management & Decision Science
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
The candidates for the programme must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
A candidate for the FPM at IIM Ranchi should have:
- A Master’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks. Candidates who have MA/M.Sc./M. Phil in Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Neuro-Psychology, Sociology, Linguistics, engineering etc. can also apply.OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture with 60% marks or equivalent grade point average. OR
- Any professional qualifications such as CA, ICWA and CS with a minimum 55% aggregate marks.
Note: Candidates in their final year of the respective educational programme as mentioned above can also apply. However, their admission to the programme will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree before 30 June 2014.
All candidates applying to the FPM except Alumni of the Post Graduate Programs from all IIMs, graduated in the period of 4 years preceding 30 June 2014, are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) or a standard test in lieu of CAT such as GMAT/GATE/UGC or CSIR-JRF. For NRIs and Foreign students this standard test is the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
Candidates will be shortlisted and called for an interview for final selection on the basis of their performance in CAT or the standard test in lieu of CAT, academic background, and experience.
PGPs from IIMs graduated in the period of 4 years preceding 30 June 2014 may be considered for direct admission into the second year of the FPM-based on their academic performance during their PGP.
Financial and Other Supports
IIM Ranchi has excellent facilities in library, computing and faculty resources.
IIM Ranchi provides comprehensive financial and other support to the Fellow Programme students as indicated below:
- Financial Support for 4 years:
- Monthly stipend of Rs. 30,000/- per month for the first two years.(Current figure, to be reviewed.)
- Tuition Waiver
- In the remaining two years, Rs. 35,000/- per month (Current figure, to be reviewed.) subject to qualifying the Comprehensive examinations at the end of the second year.
- Support of stipend for an additional 6 months may be made in exceptional cases.
- The duration of the financial support will be reduced by one year in case of candidates admitted directly into the Second Year of the Programme.
- Tuition fee waiver for the entire period
- Accommodation, on payment of a nominal rent of Rs. 1000/- per month, will be provided subject to availability.
- Contingency allowance of Rs. 25,000/- per annum for 4 years for the purchase of books, stationary etc.
- Grant of Rs. 50,000/- in the first year for the purchase of computer and software and other peripherals.
- Financial support up to Rs. 2,00,000/-(Current figure, to be reviewed.) shall be provided for presenting papers in domestic and international conferences during the entire tenure of the Fellow Programme.
The FPM participants have to pay for all consumables which includes stationery, utility charges in hostels, boarding charges etc.
How to Apply
Please download PDF version of the Application Form and send the duly filled-up form along with DD in favor of IIM Ranchi payable at Ranchi in the below mentioned address.The application fee for SC/ST applicants is Rs. 500/-. For others, the application fee is Rs. 1000/-. The last date for receiving the completed application form is February 15, 2014.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi
Suchana Bhawan, Audrey House Campus
Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834008, JHARKHAND
Phone: +91 651 2280083/2280113/2285056
Fax: +91 651 2280940